- Before You Become a Figure Skater: How to Choose an Ice Rink To Match Your Figure Skating Goals and Needs
Those interested in figure skating should be aware that not all ice arenas are the same.
- Ice Skating Is Fun!
People of all ages participate in ice skating.
- Step-by-Step Beginning Ice Skating Lesson
There are certain things new skaters learn in beginning ice skating lessons.
- Register for Ice Skating Lessons
Group ice skating lessons cover many figure skating basics and are a good way to get started in the sport.
- Dress Like a Figure Skater
Certain types of clothes should be worn by figure skaters.
- Buy Skates
Rental skates are okay to use if you just want to try out ice skating, but if you are serious about learning to figure skate, it is essential that you buy good boots and blades.
- How to Lace Figure Skates
Figure skates must be laced correctly.
- Take Some Private Figure Skating Lessons
Group lessons will get you started with mastering figure skating basics, but private lessons are required for those who wish to advance at the sport.
- Set a Practice, Lesson, and Training Schedule
To improve at figure skating, a skater must practice regularly.
- Join a Figure Skating Club
When you first begin to figure skate, you do not have to join a figure skating club, but as a skater advances, there is a time when joining a figure skating club becomes necessary.
- Take Figure Skating Tests
The figure skating test structure may be confusing to those new to ice skating.
- Compete in Figure Skating Competitions
There are two different ice skating associations in the United States and there are competitive and test programs that are available to figure skaters of all ages and levels.