The bunny hop is a fun and easy ice skating jump. It is one of the first jumps new figure skaters learn and master.
Time Required: Most skaters can master the bunny hop in ten to twenty minutes.
- Start off by gliding on one foot.
- Swing the free foot forward.
- Jump forward toward the swinging leg.
- Place the swinging toe on the ice.
- Change feet and glide forward.
- Bunny hops can be done in straight lines or on curves.
- It is fun to do several bunny hops in a row.
What You Need
- An ice rink
- Figure skates
- The ability to glide on one foot while on ice skates.
- A desire to jump in the air while skating.
- A little bit of courage.