- Step-by-Step Beginning Ice Skating Lesson
There are certain things new skaters learn in beginning ice skating lessons.
- Learn How to Fall and Get Up on Skates
If you are going to skate, you are going to fall down, so before gliding across the ice, all new figure skaters should learn how to fall and get up.
- Learn How to Stop
After learning how to fall and get up, a new figure skater should learn how to stop on the ice.
- How To Move Forward on Ice Skates
The next thing most beginning ice skaters learn (after mastering falling down, getting up, and stopping), is how to move forward on the ice.
- A Lesson on Forward Swizzles
Forward swizzles help knees bend. Swizzles should be mastered before a skater attempts to master forward stroking.
- How to Stroke Forward On Figure Skates
Once gliding on one foot and forward swizzles are mastered, a new figure skater can begin to learn forward stroking.
- Before You Try to Skate Backwards
This exercise will help beginning figure skaters become comfortable with the feeling of moving backward on ice skates.
- A Lesson on Forward Crossovers
Crossovers are the way ice skaters move around corners.
- How to Spin
Learning to spin on skates is not easy, but is fun!
- How to Do a Spiral
A spiral or arabesque is an ice skating move done on one foot where the free leg and back are horizontal to the ice. Most new beginning figure skaters can master this move.
- Basic Figure Skating Jumps Every Ice Skater Must Know
There are certain jumps that all ice skaters learn.
- Footwork Sequences for All Figure Skaters
When figure skaters put a series of turns and steps together, they are doing footwork. The possibilities are endless.