Figure skaters pay so much for private figure skating lessons
. For that reason, they deserve undivided attention during skating lessons. This is a list of DOs
for figure skating coaches.
- Don't eat on the ice while coaching.
- Don't talk on the phone during skating lessons.
- Don't text or send emails while you are coaching.
- Do give your student(s) undivided attention.
- Don't chew gum.
- Don't swear.
- Keep your hands out of your pockets if possible. Hands inside of pockets give observers and students the idea that you are not interested in their skating.
- Do start lessons on time.
- Don't sit on the rail during lessons.
- Don't shout at your students or ridicule skaters in public.
- Dress professionally.
- Don’t talk to other parents during lessons.
- Don’t talk to other students during lessons.
- Don’t study another skater’s program when teaching your own student. Give your undivided attention to your own student.
- If you need to cancel a lesson for some reason, contact your student as soon as possible.
- Don't solicit private skating students that are already working with another coach.