The Bottom Line:EDEA Skates are different than traditional leather figure skates. EDEA boots are made of man-made materials, not leather. Skaters have said the EDEA boots are comfortable and easy to break in. The boots last a long time and also provide the support figure skaters of all levels need.
- EDEA figure skating boots are beautiful, comfortable, durable, and lightweight.
- Some skaters say that because the boots are not made of leather, that they are just not as flexible as traditional leather figure skating boots.
- EDEA is a skate manufacturing company based in Italy.
- The EDEA company makes both ice and roller skating boots.
- Ability to shape feature creates a custom boot based on a stock boot.
- The founder of EDEA Skates is Sabrina Merlo, who is the grand-daughter of Armando Rizzo, who founder Risport Skates.
- Forged steel hook system
- Skating champions who wear EDEA skates include World Figure Skating Champion Patrick Chan, and Japanese Olympic skaters Daisuke Takahashi and Nobunari Oda.
- Water resistant
- Carbon fiber type material
- EDEA laces are made with a blend of nylon, polyester, and cotton.
- Unique ventilation feature
- Padded tongue
- Swarozwky crystals available on some models
- EDEA skate dealers are located all over the world.
- Ankle padding
- Thin soles
- Reasonably priced
- Short break-in period
- EDEA Skates are beautiful.
Guide Review - EDEA Skates:EDEA has changed the skating world's view of traditional figure skates. In addition to the EDEA boots being beautiful, comfortable, and lightweight, the boots are made with technology that makes it possible for a stock boot to function like a custom figure skate.
The EDEA company was founded in 2000 and is based in Italy. The company makes both ice and roller skating boots. The owners and founders of the EDEA skate company is the Merlo family, who had owned Risport Skates. After Risport was sold, the Merlo family took the time to do much research on the needs of ice and roller skaters. They developed new technology and concepts that have made EDEA revolutionary in the figure skating world.
Dealers sell EDEA all over the world. The company's skates are available in Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Colombia, Korea, Croatia, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Estonia, Philippines, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Greece, Great Britain, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, New Zealand, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, Hungary, and the USA.
Skater can also purchase EDEA skates online.
Some of the characteristics of EDEA skating boots include:
- Thin soles
- Safe hooks
- Quick drying
- Ventilation system
- Short adaption period
- Detailed shaping
The heat shapeable feature makes it possible for stock boots to become custom fitted skates. The skates include MicroFibre linings that make the perspiration stay away from a skater's foot. The MicroFibre linings are antibacterial.
EDEA also has unique forged steel hook system. Most figure skates have riveted hooks. EDEA's hooks are sewn into the front edge of the boots which provide even pressure. The hooks don't break. Special EDEA laces can be wrapped around each hook twice.
Ice skating EDEA boots use indirect ventilation, where there are exterior vents under the boot's heel. Fresh air blows through the boot's heel that way. EDEA's roller skating boots use a direct ventilation system where the whole bottom of the foot is ventilated.
The EDEA skate company has certainly changed figure skating. The ice skating world has changed so much in the past one-hundred years. Figure skaters should not be wearing the skating boots that look or feel like the boots that were worn one-hundred years ago. EDEA skating boots are truly the boots of the future.