The Bottom Line
- The Katelyn figure skating doll costs much less than the American Girl Mia Figure Skating Doll.
- Katelyn's hair gets tangled and is difficult to manage.
- 18 inch doll
- Comes with two different skating outfits
- A book is included with the doll that tells Katelyn's ice skating story
- Especially geared for young girls
- Some of Katelyn's accessories include skating medals, a water bottle, a comb, a headband, an iPod with headphones, and a comb
- Unlike the Mia American Girl figure skating doll, Katelyn comes ready to go with ice skates and a skate bag
- Blond hair
- The doll also comes with earmuffs, shoes, gloves, flowers, and tights
Guide Review - Our Generation's Katelyn Figure Skating Doll From Target
Katelyn comes ready to go with two skating outfits and a bunch of accessories. A book, that tells Katelyn's ice skating story, is also included.
Most children and their parents are delighted with Katelyn, but complain about her hair. The complaint is that her hair is impossible to comb and tangles easily.
Despite the problem with Katelyn's hair, the doll is a durable. Children as young as four or five have played with her, and parents have reported that the doll stays in good condition after hours and hours of play.
The Katelyn doll may also inspire a child to try figure skating since the book included with the doll tells Katelyn's ice skating story. Also, the accessories that are included help a child act out the figure skating story from the book.
This inexpensive copy of the American Girl Mia St. Clair figure skating doll may be a good alternative. Families can give their child the delight of owning a figure skating doll without paying a high price.