I don't usually watch television reality shows, but I admit I've become a fan of "19 Kids and Counting" and "Be Good, Johnny Weir." As I watched both shows last night, I began thinking how great it would be to have a TV reality series about figure skating families. Imagine the stories that could take place? I've already thought of stories for the series:
- Getting dressed and rushing to the rink at 5:00 AM
- A competition day
- The crisis of not being able to land a certain jump
- Skating partner troubles
- Coaching changes
- Buying new skates
- Buying a competition dress
- Buying practice skating clothes
- Searching for a pair or ice dance partner
- Conflicts between parents, coaches, and other skaters
- Should we fork out over $100 for a Zuca bag?
- How to fit 3 or more Zuca bags into a small car trunk
- Polishing and putting new laces in skates
- "Mom, I can't find a clean pair of tights..."
- Gluing rhinestones to an ice dance costume
- How to wear your hair for figure skating
- Can a family really afford eight private skating lessons a week?
- Can figure skaters go to school?
Do you have other ideas? TLC...here we come.....